Preparation time 1h 15 min | 8 people
Ingredients to make monkfish tails au gratin with roasted pepper sauce
- 4 monkfish tails
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 spoonfuls of Vermouth Yzaguirre Red Reserve
- Olive oil
Ingredients for the red pepper sauce
- 3 red peppers
- 1 tablespoon of Vermouth Yzaguirre Red Reserve
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
Ingredients for the garlic mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 150 ml olive oil
Step-by-step recipe for monkfish tails au gratin with roasted pepper sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Preparation of the red pepper sauce: brush the peppers with a tablespoon of oil, place them in a baking dish and bake them in the oven at 180ºC for 50 minutes. Remove and leave to cool. Peel them, remove the seeds and reserve all the cooking juices. Next, mash the flesh of the peppers with the remaining oil, the Vermouth Red Reserve and the vinegar, season with salt and pepper, mix and set aside.
- Arrange the monkfish tails in an oven dish, make an incision on each side and season with salt and pepper. Place the dish in a preheated oven at 180ºC and bake for 10 minutes. After this time, pour in the Vermouth Yzaguirre Red Reserve, add the finely sliced garlic and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes.
- Preparation of the garlic mayonnaise: chop the garlic clove and add it to the blender with the egg, salt and lemon juice. Add the oil and blend until it emulsifies like a mayonnaise.
- Cover the monkfish tails with the mayonnaise, gratinate them for a few moments under the broiler in the oven until golden brown and serve them immediately with the hot pepper sauce.
*Recipe taken from the book 'La Hora del Vermut: 150 recipes to savour' by Toni Monné (adapted), of which Bodegas Yzaguirre is a sponsor.