1h 15min / 4 px.
Ingredients to prepare Squiz Nizarda
- 750 g of squid
- 75 g of bacon
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 400 ml of white classic Yzaguirre vermouth
- 1 dl of fried tomato
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch of thyme
- 1 sprig ofparsley
- ½ teaspoon of paprika de la Vera
- olive oil
Step-by-step to prepare Squid Nizarda
- Clean the squid; remove the guts, feathers, eyes and beak. Cut the body into rings and chop the legs.
- Heat three tablespoons of oil in a casserole and fry the chopped onion over a very low heat for 8 minutes. Add the chopped garlic and diced bacon and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Then add the squid, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stir ring often.
- After this time, add the fried tomato, season with salt and pepper and season with the bay leaf, paprika and thyme.
- Add the white classic Yzaguirre vermouth , increase the heat and let it reduce for a few moments.
- Then cover the casserole and si mmer over a very low heat for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle the squid with parsley and serve hot. A few minutes before the end of the cooking time, you can add some breadcrumbs, almonds, garlic and parsley.
Recipe taken from the book 'La Hora del Vermut: 150 recipes to savor' by Toni Monné (adapted), of which Bodegas Yzaguirre is a sponsor.